Monday, April 29, 2013

How do you create a nutrition facts label?

Q. A nutrition facts label is required on most pre-packaged food in North America. How would someone go about creating one for one of their products?

A. This is actually a great question, I've been through this and I can tell you this; if you will produce more than 10,000 units or will have I believe 10 or more employees then you need a nutrition label and it needs to be displayed in certain areas. You can find an independent food lab in the yellow pages under laboratory. Now things may of changed so I would suggest going to the FDA website (www.fda.gov) just type in business in the search bar and you'll find tons of info regarding policies. I would suggest if you are serious, finding out if a college near you deals with the culinary arts and if they have any cross classes in business that may help people out for class projects etc.


If I want to start a nutrition plan but it call for fish can I substitute it with chicken?
Q. I want to start a nutrition plan and it says to eat fish at dinner time. I don't eat any other kind of meat that's not chicken, can I change it to chicken?

A. If you absolutley cannot have fish either for a medical reason then you probably shouldn't have it.
If you haven't tried it though I really think you should, it has so many healthy vitamins.
You could substitute it for chicken but you would be losing precious nutrition.


What can I do with a nutrition degree besides work in a kitchen?
Q. I want to continue pursuing my bachelor's in nutrition, because I LOVE nutrition. It is so interesting to me. I am just worried because I don't want to work in a kitchen or hospital foodservice for a living. What are my options? Should I change my major? I love the medical field and am open to suggestion.

A. Well you would do a LOT more than just planning meals for a kitchen. Everyone nutritionist I know works in a hospital but they go around and talk with the patients and do nutrition assessments and help patients make a diet for when they go home. They also look at what the person ate in the past and decide if they are maybe deficient in a nutrient or something like that. To be honest I have never met one that actually did work in a kitchen.


How to write/start my speech during nutrition month celebration?
Q. this coming july , our school will be celebrating the nutrition month.thus, we will be having our opening program for the celeb..i am assigned to be the master of ceremony.the problem is that: i don't know how to start my speech,or my script. i have searched in the internet already about some info. anout nutrition month celebration,but i don't know how to make a simple but effective speech.please help!

A. I guess you should start off with "Good morning/afternoon everyone, as you all know, this week is nutrition week. For those that do not know, nutrition week is .... blah blah blah. <insert random information here> and just continue on from there.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment