Sunday, April 7, 2013

What do you see as the major differences between a single-provider health insurance plan and private health?

Q. *private health insurance

A. Private health insurance is more cost effective, and more cautious about fraud and corruption, than public (single-payor) health insurance. Fraud rates in Medicare and Medicaid are at LEAST four times higher - after all, they don't CARE about the bottom line, and they aren't paying claims out of their own money.


Can a Canadian citizen (with a work visa in the US) purchase private health Insurance in the US?
Q. My husband has a Visa to work in the US, and we are looking in to private health insurance. Does anyone know if there are any plans out there that will cover Canadian citizens in the US.

A. You will have to get insurance there. Six months out of Canada and you no longer have provincial coverage, with at least a three month wait list when you return.

You just buy a plan. Most people have private plans there so you'll have plenty of choce.


I have private health insurance and insurance from work?
Q. I have private health insurance from blue cross blue shield, I also get blue cross blue-shield from the work I do for the state. If I was to use the insurance from my work would it be a conflict with the insurance I privately have? I was told that they would cancel each other out and I would lose my private insurance. Is this true??? I don't really want to lose my private insurance for health and security reasons but I also don't want to keep paying more if i don't have to in the long run.

A. In most cases, you are paying too much for your coverage. You generally are best off just getting the bcbs plan from your employer. However, they can work together in some instances. If one is used as primary and then the other can pick up the co-pays at the doctor's office and other things. I know one person who has a situation like this. However, this person has coverage from their own employer and their spouse's employer. Their plan pays as primary, the other picks up everything except the annual deductible. Since the plans are written differently from each other, if they used the spouse's plan as primary, then their own plan would pick up nothing as secondary. Since both plans are through the employers and that person has a lot of medical expenses, it saves money to have both plans on that one person. Since the spouse has few medical expenses, they only have one plan on that spouse. In most cases, your private medical insurance is going to cost you more to carry than the out-of-pocket maximum on the plan with the employer. In most cases, you would do well to carry only one plan.


What do you see as the major differences between a single-provider health insurance plan and private health?
Q. *private health insurance

A. You may get a more accurate answer if you submitted this question to the Business category





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment