Tuesday, January 8, 2013

How can a person switch health plans?

Q. I want to switch health plans, but from reading the online applications, I haven't had this health plan that long. Most of the applications said that I have to have coverage of at least 18 months before switching. Is that true? Do I have to wait 18 months of having Kaiser permanente insurance before switching?

A. In addition to what mbrcatz said, I'd also like to point out that it doesn't have to be 18 months of coverage with one insurance company.

So, if you had coverage with XYZ insurance for 1 year and then started this Kaiser policy without a break in coverage, you'd want to add the time you've been with Kaiser + the time you were with XYZ.


What is a good affordable health plan to get?
Q. I am a single 25 year old healthy male. Are there any truly affordable health plans out there for me? And don't say that $300 a month is affordable, because its not. I don't need any major medical coverage. I haven't had insurance for 6 years and haven't been to the doctor in those six years. However, my eyesight isn't great, so vision coverage would be good. I also want dental coverage as well. Any suggestions?
I forgot to mention that I live in Oregon.

A. I think it's cheaper to pay cash, insurance is merely a coupon.


where can I find info on different government health plans and waivers?
Q. I'm looking for defferent medical health plans and waivers that are suplied by the government.
Like the Katie Becket Law for example.
Any one know where I could find them?
Or what key words I should search under?

A. Go to
1. www.ontheissues.org and look under each candidate's healthcare plans.
2. then do a search on those plans for more detail


What is the different between the Obama health plan and Hillary Clinton's plan?
Q. Obama health plan to cost $75 billion provide health insurance for 95 percent of Americans. I know Hillary has been working on that issue over 10 years.

A. Obama's is a little closer to a single payer system, where as clintons is not. All in all, under obama's plan people and small businesses are subsidized if they participate in the federal program, under clinton's plan you can be subsidized no matter the program. There are pros and cons to both, in obama's there are few less choices, but it also costs far less.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment