Thursday, January 17, 2013

What can I do with a nutrition degree besides work in a kitchen?

Q. I want to continue pursuing my bachelor's in nutrition, because I LOVE nutrition. It is so interesting to me. I am just worried because I don't want to work in a kitchen or hospital foodservice for a living. What are my options? Should I change my major? I love the medical field and am open to suggestion.

A. Well you would do a LOT more than just planning meals for a kitchen. Everyone nutritionist I know works in a hospital but they go around and talk with the patients and do nutrition assessments and help patients make a diet for when they go home. They also look at what the person ate in the past and decide if they are maybe deficient in a nutrient or something like that. To be honest I have never met one that actually did work in a kitchen.


How to write/start my speech during nutrition month celebration?
Q. this coming july , our school will be celebrating the nutrition month.thus, we will be having our opening program for the celeb..i am assigned to be the master of ceremony.the problem is that: i don't know how to start my speech,or my script. i have searched in the internet already about some info. anout nutrition month celebration,but i don't know how to make a simple but effective speech.please help!

A. I guess you should start off with "Good morning/afternoon everyone, as you all know, this week is nutrition week. For those that do not know, nutrition week is .... blah blah blah. <insert random information here> and just continue on from there.


How important is nutrition to teens? And does the prospect of health problems later in life matter now?
Q. Not many people know a lot about good nutrition. And I mean really know. Most teens aren't even required to take a basic nutrition class in school. However, nutrition is the one thing in life that affects your whole life. Good or bad nutrition habits can affect your emotions, your your physical features including your skin, hair and bodyshape, and even how you treat others. Your nutrition habits will also have major effects on your health now and in the future. So how important is nutrition in your life?

A. Nutrition is hugely important in my life. Fresh fruit and veges and leane red meat. Lots of fish and turkey for protein. My body is a temple and I need to treat it right to keep my insides healthy. I also try to eat food witha high water content, water melons and so on. Fresh and natural is the key to a good inside. But if there is more I need to know please let me know.

I hope I answered you question You can tell how unhealthy you are by your bowel movements and its consitance( I know gross) but its true. As a 28 year old it is a high priority to keep in peak physical fitness. Although not a teen I still consider ymself as excited and energetic as a teen. Due to good nutrition of course:)


What is a credible nutrition school in chicago that also has health and wellness?
Q. Looking for nutrition plus health and wellness in a good part of chicago that is by the train! i'm located in cary illinois and need to find a school that i can travel to with public transportation

A. There are credible degrees in Nutrition offered in regionally accredited universities
Be aware free-standing "schools of nutrition" are often bogus, run by alternative medicine crackpots.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment